Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Lancaster City FC Official Website app


First - Match center

Lancaster City
Sat 29 Sep 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League - Premier Division Full time Attendance 403

Buxton v Lancaster City FC


Lancaster City end their barren winless run

Lancaster City end their barren winless run with a hard fought three points away to Buxton.

City gave a great account of themselves to give Craig Stanley his first win as caretaker boss and the first points on the road this season.

It was a familiar circumstance early on with Buxton oozing confidence piling the pressure on Lancaster.

Buxton did not take long to have these efforts rewarded when Diego De Giralomo volleyed in past debutant Jack Sims from a corner.

After the goal, however, Buxton looked far too casual on the ball and City did start to settle into the game.

Whilst Buxton looked the more dangerous still on the counter it was not hard to tell that the Dolly Blues were coming into it.

Sims started in goal having only just signed on loan from Blackpool and was at hand to smartly save on several occasions.

City had their first big chance on the half hour mark from a corner but the header was denied by Buxton stopper Theo Roberts.

Shortly after, Matt Blinkhorn tried his luck running at the Buxton defence only to drive a right footed effort wide of the post.

Onto the second half and, despite a slow start, Bradley Grayson had the first big chance for Buxton turning the City defence inside out before hitting a weak shot into the safe hands of Sims.

Lancaster swiftly countered the home side putting a cross in which was met by Lewis Fensome who drove the ball into the bottom corner to equalise.

The equaliser only made City grow in confidence and started attacking in numbers.

Blinkhorn, again driving at the Buxton back line, found spaced and unleashed one from the edge but failed to hit the target.

City then won a corner and we're denied by a super save from Roberts to deny the head of Blinkhorn.

Twenty minutes to go and Buxton were keen to remind Lancaster they were still there, and came close to regaining their lead when centre back Tom Dean volleyed just past the near post.

WIth just minutes remaining Buxton then had a huge chance to win the game when Coppin flew down the right flank and floated a great ball across goal only for Alex Brown to strike a half volley inches over.

Into the last minute of regular time and Buxton were made to pay as Glenn Steel rose highest from a corner to power a head past Roberts to make it 1-2.

Just moments away from the first win of the season and you could bank on a dramatic finish and that is exactly what we got.

First, Tom Dean, coming forward again, blazed a long range effort just scraping wide.

Then with the games final chance it looked like it had to be an equaliser for Buxton clean through on goal but Jack Sims produced a spectacular save to rescue a hard earned three points.

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Stafford Rangers
Whitby Town
Mickleover Sports
Hednesford Town
Scarborough Athletic
Nantwich Town
Stalybridge Celtic
Warrington Town
South Shields


# Team Pl Pts
12. Hednesford Town 38 46
13. Matlock Town 37 44
14. Lancaster City 37 43
15. Grantham Town 37 42
16. Stafford Rangers 37 40
17. Marine 37 39
18. Stalybridge Celtic 37 39

Team sponsors


Club sponsors